Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunny Sunday


“Sundae for Sunday” –Zawani.

                Blessing Sunday’s morning where one shouldn’t worry about getting late to the campus, or get locked outside the lecture room due to the failure to follow the BE PUNCTUAL rule. Laziness lingered around me, as I felt the comfort bed sheet adhered closely to my skin, next to impossible to get ready and reach the loo.
Finally I woke up, ALHAMDULILAH :D

*************************************************************************************
                As we drifted to Cafe Coffee Day, I was wondering the definite meaning of freedom. 3oth April will be the next continuous assessment, and the right moment to put a façade, the productive student. The whole study week, I’m been thinking how to maximize the time so that I could revise effectively. Wasting time will be a great sin in the eyes. Sometimes I wonder do I utilize the time fully? My murabbi once told me, somehow people will go after the definite thing that we believed to be withheld in a certain period of time.  Some occasion that eyes can see, ears can hear and heart can feel, something more.. dunya. Exam? An excellent example.
                We tend to forget about the promises in holy Quran. That in this date, this hour, this minute, this seconds and this place, the Angel of Death is just right about to take your soul away.  And that’s the secret that Allah never tell. We’ll never know when, where, how but we know, the TIME WILL COME. One question, how FIRMLY we believe in that day and have faith in it?

                  We get ourselves drunk in the attachment in dunya till we forget that  we live in an oasis. We see the mirage, we happy, but we forget that HEREAFTER is forever when our dunya is over.
But I feel something deep.  I feel that the small gathering to bring ourselves another step forward to The Almighty, is a great reward to myself. I feel like the burden ( whether I had used the time equally for dunya and akhira’ ) is lifted off of my chest. I enjoy the freedom. Time passing by without I even realized it. And this is not the feeling after I had successfully completed the next level in online games or the feeling after reading the medical book.  It is neither good nor bad, but none of adjective is available to describe the way I feel.
                The ukhuwah fillah. How sweet? We love each other because of Allah. The rapport is built, insyALLAH tightly knotted until Jannah.

                Upon reaching the Coffe Day, we all ordered the menu. Sadly, there were only some food and drinks available, due the unknown reasons. They shouldn’t provide such menu then, the pictures were so tempting but the shocking head of the cashier- non-verbal signal the beverages are unavailable were frustrating.
But I don’t want spoil my free Sunday, so I just ordered the Mocha-Devil Own and a muffin with ice cream. After I received my balance, I noticed something is not right. Slenderly, I kept the note between the fingers, and  do some calculation in my brain. And yes, the cashier had given me the wrong balance. Luckily my brain is not totally off in this holiday.
                Apart from Ru-z, Wani, Syikin and the M – Harisah, Nadirah also followed us. The small talk started with me, reading the story of Al-Farooq – S. Umar Al-Khattab. He was the tall, fierce and strict. He is willing to do anything for Islam, like donating half of her wealth for military purposes and progression of Islam. When he became the ruler, the nearby countries become inferior to the empire he built. A spoken thought slip through my mind,
                                “ Umar were  willing to sacrifice his wealth for his religion. How about you?”. Monolog.

                Harisah came next about Abu Bakar and how faithful he was to the prophet. If Umar donated ½ of his wealth, Abu Bakar gave away everything that he had for Islam. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Despite the fact that he was a rich merchant, he determined to let go off his wealth, for good.



                                                    The H, The N and The Z


                                                             funky Ru-z

                                                       Tranquility
Shiqin
"Sundae"- she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment